There is a wide variety of cable tray supports that can be fabricated long before they are needed and usually more efficiently in a shop environment. Standard unistrut trapeze on all thread rod, data tray tapezes, prepunched conduit templates, and supports that can be fabricated long before they are needed are usually more efficiently welded. Cantilevered metal supports are some of the most common trapeze support systems.
- 2 Variable Speed Locking Drill Motors
- Work Bench
- Foot Switch
- Horizontal Band Saw
- Metal Shop
The Best Practices
- Horizontal bandsaws can cut up to a bundle of strut in a few minutes.
- Strut and ATR can be ordered to specified lengths (manufacturers doing parts of your prefab).
- Keep cuts centered on slots.
- 20' lengths of strut minimize waste.
- Check ATR standard sizes to minimize waste.
- Services of a licensed structural engineer may be required when designing trapezes for seismic areas.